Healthy Living and alternative diets
We are committed to providing fresh food and healthy alternatives in our eatwithUS outlets.
Here are just a few of the ways we strive to cut fat and ensure our outlets are that little bit healthier:
- the majority of our sandwiches are made on wholegrain or granary bread
- we strive to offer healthy alternatives including granola pots, fresh fruit and freshly squeezed smoothies
- no solid fat is used in cooking in the residences, wherever possible
- the salad bar is always open during evening meals in the residences
- students in the residences are encouraged to have as large portions of vegetables as desired
- we endeavour to cater for students with food intolerances
- wherever possible we bake instead of fry food
- we only use free range eggs in our cooking and won a “Good Egg” award from Compassion in World Farming
- we use fish from Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) approved sources
We also offer a selection of fruit in all of our outlets – so there is always an alternative to the chocolate machine!
In many of our outlets we offer a mouth-watering range of fresh fruit smoothies – made right in front of your eyes in addition to our freshly made soups and salad boxes.
Our staff are trained to give advice on dietary requirements, so if you’re unsure, please ask a member of staff. The following outlets serve Halal food and all eatwithUS cafés serve sandwiches made with Halal chicken but not made in a Halal certified environment.
- The Ridge Café Bar in The Ranmoor Village – beef, chicken and lamb burgers
- The Edge Dining Room in The Endcliffe Village – all chicken and lamb
- The Edge Bar in The Endcliffe Village – beef, chicken and lamb burgers
- The International Food Court in University House – chicken dishes from Street Food and Noodles